Friday, June 28, 2013

Watch Me Wednesday Teaser #6


Watch Me Wednesday Teaser #6

Note: This teaser is a current WiP (Work in Progress) that was originally supposed to be posted on June 26, 2013. 

As much as I loved Robert, I cannot picture him with another woman, let alone a black woman. If that’s what he wanted, why didn’t he marry one instead of a lily-white woman like me?  According to him, the black women at his college were either too ghetto, uppity, or paid him no attention, despite being on the football team.  I wondered how I would punish him for cheating on me, since divorce isn’t an option. 
Later that evening, Robert and I were in bed reading.  I wore my sheerest white negligee and he wore his snuggest pair of white boxer briefs to bed. I love the juxtaposition of his ebony skin against anything he wore that was white, including me. Putting my book on the nightstand next to me, I snuggled up next to my husband of fifteen years.  Shifting his eyes from today’s newspaper to me, he asked, “What’s on your mind?”
“I was thinking about what you said to me the other day about not being spicy enough in bed,” I answered.
“Oh, yeah? What did you have in mind?”
“I was thinking that we have a great indoor/outdoor pool at our disposal. We can have a private pool party, with some of your friends over for a little fun,” I proposed, while my heart beats in my throat.
“Fun, eh? What kind of fun are we talking about, Margaret?”
“It involves three of your best buds, me, and the pool. No other women are going to be invited, and I’ll leave the kids with the neighbors next door.”
“My friends, you, me, and the pool,” he repeated. “If that’s what you want, make it happen. I’ll call my friends tomorrow morning.”
“Thank you so much. It’ll be a blast.”
In more ways than one! I said to myself.
That’s it for this week. See you next week!


1 comment:

  1. This reads like a very interesting story. I can't help thinking she has an ace up her sleeve, that woman. I can't wait to find out how it all goes down at the pool party.
    Nice one!

    ReplyDelete